We think we’re pretty cool. Apparently, others do too. So, read up on their experiences and come join us!
- “My son will sit and stare at a computer for hours and not interact with anyone except for the occasional nasty comment when anyone dares interrupt him. He said. “Pixel Academy provides an alternative where he’s interacting with older, more experience kids.”
- “Teaching kids coding after school,” by Matt Stuart. The Stream. Video. 2 July 2013.
- “Raising the next Bill Gates,”by Emily Jane Fox. 19 June 2013.
Crain’s New York Business
- “Camp for Kids Teaches 3D Design, Printing: Pixel Academy is Offering a Week-long tech/Design Crash-Course for the Young Ones,” by Leo Lutero. 9 Oct. 2014.
DNA Info New York
- “I was impressed with how well the instructors worked with the kids, providing a great mix of instruction and hands-off time so students could do what they wanted.”
- “Makerspaces for NYC Kids: 3D Printing, Arduino and Other Hot Technology Workshops” by Anna Fader. 25 March 2013.
- “Seen in New York: Pixel Academy.” EdLab Media. Vialogues. 27 February 2013.
- Pixel Academy,” by Kate Meersschaert.,EdLab, Teachers College, Columbia University. 1 July 2013.
New York Family
- “iSmarts: How to Raise a Savvy Digital Kid,” by Amy Reynolds. September 2013. pp. 71-74. Also posted 4 September
- “Using the latest hardware and software available, even beginners will be able to create simple video games that they can play at home. Drop-in hours are fluid, so kids come when they want and learn what they want: maybe digital music one day and video game design the next.”
The New York Times
- “Extra Week of Summer Break? Time to Panic,” by Al Baker and Kyle Spencer. 4 September 2013. p. A15. Also posted 3 September, New York / Region.
- “Pixel Academy, a child-oriented computer lab in Cobble Hill, extended its summer offerings for those enduring this weird week that doesn’t usually happen,” said Dylan DePice, the academy’s operations manager.”
TimeOut New York Kids
- “After-school Awesomeness: The Innovators, Pixel Academy,” by Vivian Manning-Schaffel. August-November 2015. P. 29.
- “Camp Pixel Digital Technology Summer Camp.” February-May 2015. Page 21. “Camp Pixel” p. 55.
- “Pixel Academy,” by Lauren Masur. Great Days Out 2013. September 2013. Page 54.
- “Educational outreach program Pixel Academy looking for a place to call home,” by Stephanie Fogel. 25 November 2012.